Meet Brian Conners
Brian Conners and his team at Bell Mortgage have created an unparalleled system for mortgage financing: a system based on the highest level of customer service and simplified, speedy processes, and backed by years of knowledge and experience in home financing.
As Brian puts it, “A mortgage is just one piece of a client’s complex financial picture. Being able to understand how that mortgage will impact the long- and short-term financial goals of my clients is crucial. I strive to create ‘clients for life’ by making the home financing process a truly enjoyable experience and by continually analyzing the changes in my clients’ needs over the years. I want their mortgage working for them — not them working for their mortgage.”
Brian received his B.A. in finance and economics from the University of St. Thomas and has spent over 10 years in commercial and residential lending. His extensive educational, commercial and mortgage banking experience gives Brian a unique ability to tailor mortgage products to the individual needs of each of his clients.
Brian continues to receive high marks as a lender, most importantly shown by the referrals he receives from so many of his clients, and has been professionally recognized by his continued membership in the Bell Mortgage President’s Club.
Our Mortgage Process
Trust the biggest purchase of your life to our experience. Whether you're on your way to getting your first home, your next home, or a better rate on your existing mortgage, we will walk you through every step of the loan process. Now is the perfect time to get in touch with us and get the personal advice and guidance Bell Mortgage is famous for.
Once you've had all your questions answered and you're ready to start the home loan process, this is what you can expect.
1. Complete our online application.
The pre-approval application asks you questions about the home you wish to buy or refinance and your finances. To process your application, we need financial information about you - your current mortgage or rent, your other loans, your income, your assets, etc. As soon as you've finished the application, we review your request and immediately begin to process it.
2. We'll send you an application package and prepare your loan for processing.
Your loan application will include papers to sign and a list of items we'll need to verify the information you provided about your finances during the online application.
Here is a summary of the forms involved:
- Good Faith Estimate of Settlement Costs - This details the loan amount and all related charges and fees.
- Truth in Lending Disclosure - This lets you know what your estimated annual percentage rate of interest (APR) will be and any other program features that apply.
- Borrowers Certification - When you sign this, you authorize that all the information you provided is correct to the best of your knowledge. It also lets us finalize the process by contacting your landlord, employer, mortgage company, etc. and getting your credit report.
Next, we order the appraisal from a licensed appraiser who is familiar with home values in your area to determine its fair market value. The appraiser visits the property and compares its features, floor plan, lot, etc. against other similar properties in the area. (You receive a copy of the appraisal.)
4. We'll contact you to coordinate your closing date.
After we receive your application package, the appraisal and the title work, we contact you to schedule your loan closing. If you are purchasing a home, we also schedule the closing with the real estate agent. The closing takes place at an approved title office in your area. A few days before closing, we contact you to walk through the final information.
5. Apply now.
Start now by applying and you will be on your way to the most convenient home loan ever! That's all there is to it.
Home Financing Calculators
- Should I refinance?
- How much will my fixed rate mortgage payment be?
- How much will my adjustable rate mortgage payments be?
- How much will my payments be for a balloon mortgage?
- Should I rent or buy?
- Which mortgage is better for me?
- How much will I save by increasing my mortgage payment?
- How much mortgage might I qualify for?
- How much home can I afford?
- Should I consolidate my loans?
Brian, we are loving the new home. I just wanted to thank you. You were totally stellar and made me feel comfortable in what I thought was impossible. You never made it awkward that I don't have the best financial past, but helped me pave the way to getting all that straightened out. God bless you and yours, and if you ever need word-of-mouth advertising, let me know. I will refer people to you.
West St. Paul
Jon and I just wanted to thank you and your team for all your hard work in helping us purchase our new home. We absolutely love our house! If we ever decide to sell and buy another house, I'll be sure to come to you first. Thanks again and best regards.
Tina & Jon
Brian, thanks for a friendly, quick and efficient, no-hassle refinancing. I can truly say that it's been a pleasure doing business with you!
We can’t say enough great things about Brian Conners and his team at Bell Mortgage. Brian and his team are friendly and easy to work with, while efficiently managing every transaction to ensure financing is ready to go well before closing day. His knowledge and diligent work ethic make every transaction seamless, and all parties are kept well-informed throughout the process. We can’t recommend Brian enough!
Jessica Rivera & Bruce Clark
I love closing for Brian Conners! I have been in this business quite some time, and there is no one better! He is knowledgeable, professional and gets your loan done right the first time. I am never waiting for a last-minute closing package with Bell State Bank & Trust. Everything is done in a timely fashion, and closings ALWAYS go smoothly.
Lori L. Weaver
Check out our links of interest at right, including all kinds of useful information if you are moving to a new house, school district or community. We're glad to have you in the neighborhood!
Home Construction Loans
You talked about it, dreamed about it, and now you’re ready to build your new home. Let us make the process a smooth one, from your construction loan to permanent home financing. Build on our experience to help bring your dream home to life. Our home construction lenders offer you:
- Experience – We know the neighborhoods, local contractors and subcontractors, construction processes, costs and loan options.
- Flexibility – We can work with contractors, or directly with you as the general contractor.
- Credibility – We work with reputable, licensed builders.
- Economy – We offer competitive rates on loan options that fit you, with local underwriting and processing.
- Simplicity – We team up to create a smooth transition from your construction loan to permanent home financing.
If you are interested in talking about a home construction loan, just give me a call.